1. Even if the monk can run away, his temple cannot run with him.
2. Even if I were to be beaten to death, I will not tell.
3. Modesty helps one go forward, whereas conceit makes one lag behind.
4. If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
5. We will not attack unless we are attacked.
6. Wisdom prepares for the worst; but folly leaves the worst for the day it comes.
7. In the end things will mend.
8.To die on one's feet is better than to live on one's knees.
9.Blood is thicker than water.
10.He who laughs last laughs best.
11.Give knaves an inch and they will take a yard.
12.He that respects others shall likewise be respected.
13.All good things come to an end.
14.Give a dog a bad name and hang him.
15.Nothing venture, nothing have.
16.Do in Rome as the Romans do.
17.Things done cannot undone.
18.Misfortunes never come alone.
19.Beauty is in the eyes of the beholders.
20.Time and tide wait for no man.
21.Kill two birds with one stone.
22.Facts speak louder than words.
23.To be a parrot 鹦鹉学舌;人云亦云
24.Fish in troubled waters 浑水摸鱼
25.Turn a deaf ear to 置若罔闻
26.A drop in the ocean 沧海一粟
27.Like father like son 有其父必有其子
28.Strike while the iron is hot. 趁热打铁。
29.As strong as a horse 强壮如牛
30.Love me, love my dog 爱屋及乌
31.A dog with two tails 非常高兴，兴高采烈
32.After a storm comes a calm. 否极泰来。
33.Hang by a thread 千钧一发
34.Break a deadlock 打破僵局
35.After a storm comes calm 雨过天晴
36.Cast pearls before swine 对牛弹琴
37.Hit the right nail on the head 击中要害
38.Rack one’s brains 绞尽脑汁